We’re Squaredot, the Dublin-based B2B digital marketing agency and we’re on the lookout for a Head of Strategic Content to lead content strategy and content delivery for our clients.
We help clients generate awareness and demand with digital content campaigns. The content comes in the form of engaging video and social media campaigns, blogs, ebooks, websites, surveys, infographics, podcasts….the list goes on.
If you’re a B2B writer or planner or have worked in a strategic or senior marketing role previously and fancy a move to an ambitious B2B agency, this may be for you.
The production of high quality B2B content is extremely important in Squaredot, so this is a senior role and an important hire for us.
You and this role at a glance
The world of B2B, tech and digital can be difficult to digest and spit back out in the form of engaging and compelling content - that’s why you should have a curious mind, an interest in business and tech, and the ability to distill research (SEO, persona, online, market) and deliver it back in the form of a meaningful content strategy.
Furthermore, you will manage (in collaboration with our account management team) the production and quality of this content through our team of internal and external writers, planners and designers.
You’ll be the knowledge holder of all our clients products, services, processes and people. You’ll brief other writers and quality control their work, ensuring all content is on point and on tone. Good is never good enough for you, and you’ll ensure our freelance writers hit those heights and you’ll lead by example.
What we want from you:
- As a key member of our creative strategic team you will be responsible for bringing our campaigns to life by delivering content using our internal and external resources.
- Own, understand and manage the bank of knowledge we have on our clients, and use it to help develop content strategies and campaigns for our clients.
- Manage the delivery of research (yourself or overseeing freelancers), through telephone interviews and desk research that provide the fuel to generate insights that help create memorable and persona targeted B2B campaigns.
- Own the development of our clients content strategy.
- Based on the research, decide what are the best content formats to create the content on and where will be the best channels to distribute it.
- Take a strategic brief and turn it into clear instructions for our bank of freelance writers
- Know what good content reads and looks like for our clients and be the standard bearer for all content that is delivered by our writers.
- Manage a team of internal and external writers and select the most appropriate writer/s for each project based on our client and the writers expertise.
- Manage the quality control of the content as it comes back from our writers and provide feedback until the writing and business nuances are on point.
- Always be thinking of new and innovative ways to get our client’s message across both from a copy perspective and content format perspective.
- Successfully present work internally to the Squaredot team and externally to our clients.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our clients’ business and the various B2B technology sectors from a marketer’s point of view.
- Be able to write within brand guidelines and in the defined tone of voice.
- Collaborate with the creative team on a day to day basis to discuss copy and what needs to be done to meet client demands.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with the Account Management team to help deliver projects on time and within budgets.
Ideally you have:
- Experience working within an agency (preferably an integrated B2B marketing agency, but not essential)
- Good working knowledge of the B2B technology landscape
- Experience of managing creative projects and teams (including internal and external staff / freelancers)
- A passion for tech and B2B marketing
- Excellent portfolio of online copywriting work
- Experience in social media writing, blogging, and SEO
- Strong aptitude for team-work and building solid relationships with creative and account teams
- A positive attitude and a desire to do exceptional work
- Ability to self-manage time, deadlines and expectations while prioritising workloads
- Ability to manage multiple projects, cope under pressure and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong client facing communication skills, confidence in asking questions and leading client copy-briefing calls
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org